Manora Light House
Manora Light House is a historic lighthouse located on Manora Island in Karachi West District, Sindh, Pakistan. It was built by the British in 1889 and has since been an important navigational aid for ships entering the Karachi harbor.
The lighthouse is situated at the southern end of Manora Island and stands at a height of 91 feet (28 meters). It is built of stone and is painted in white and red stripes. The light emitted by the lighthouse has a range of 26 nautical miles (48 kilometers) and is visible from far distances.
In addition to its navigational significance and tourist appeal, Manora Lighthouse is also a symbol of Karachi’s rich maritime history. It is considered an important landmark of the city.