St Joseph Convent School Building
The building of St Joseph’s Convent School is located in Karachi East District, Sindh, Pakistan. It is situated in the busy Saddar region of Karachi next to St Patrick’s Cathedral. It has distinct European architecture and is considered one of the historical buildings of the city.
The building has a magnificent left portion with an arched door on which the banner of “Integrated Technology” is displayed. The main entrance of the school is supported by fine columns and has Roman arches as an integral part of the design. A relatively spacious hall was the first piece of construction on the premises, which has undergone many alterations. The main building was commissioned in 1863 for Rs7,000 with a certain Mr. Duncan being its architect. The building has undergone many additions till the 1960s and 1970s.