Work is underway on 9 different roads covering a total area of 214 km in the province, 67% of work has been completed on the project.
Work on Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Road Improvement Project is underway, the project is being completed in collaboration with the Asian Development Bank. The total cost of the project is Rs. 17 billion and Rs. 10.5 billion has been spent on it so far.
Details regarding the progress of ongoing work:
- 40% of work has been completed on 11.80 km road from Shah Alam to Sardaryab,
- 78% on Hari Chand 29 km road from Umarzai,
- 84% on 36 km road from Rasalpur to Jahangira,
- 80% on Nizampur 22 km road from Khairabad,
- 83% on 25 km road from Adina to Yar Hussain,
- 66% on Sange Marmar Road Mardan 16.50 km Eastern Bypass,
- 37% on Sange Marmar Road Mardan 17.50 km Western Bypass,
- 74% on Kohala 35 km road from Maqsood
- And 55% work on Haripur Hattar Taxila 22 km road has been completed.
Work on Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Road Improvement Project will be completed in June 2021. Construction and repair of three more roads have also been approved under the Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Roads Improvement Project.
- Kotla Jam 24 km road from Qureshi Morr in Dera Ismail Khan,
- 34 km road from Kalam to Mahudand
- And Chakdara Kanju Matta Bagh Dheri 65 km road included.